Experience Ottawa in a different light! From iconic landmarks to hidden gems, get your camera ready to capture magical sunsets at five of the top locations to catch the golden hour in Ottawa.
1. Alexandra Bridge: Enjoy a front-row seat of Ottawa’s city skyline overlooking the Ottawa River as you view the sunset from the iconic pedestrian and cycling bridge that connects Ontario to Quebec. Stroll along the bridge and take in the city and sunset from a different angle.
2. Central Experimental Farm: When golden hour hits the Central Experimental Farm, the gardens, walking paths and greenhouses are lit with the perfect Insta-worthy glow. After a few hours of exploring the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, take a walk around the farm to catch the last few minutes of sunlight.
3. Major’s Hill Park: Located just steps from Parliament Hill, Major’s Hill Park offers an expansive green space, flower gardens and stunning views of the Ottawa River. Explore the park's walking trails before choosing one of the many benches and catching the sunset over the water.
4. Rideau Canal: As one of the most popular landmarks in Ottawa, the Rideau Canal locks one to eight are a favourite spot among nature lovers and photographers capturing the sunset. Take a stroll around Parliament Hill before heading down toward the Bytown Museum to witness the setting sun and the glow off the water.
5. Andrew Haydon Park: A gem of the west end and situated along the shores of the Ottawa River, Andrew Haydon Park offers lush green spaces, peaceful ponds and fountains and winding paths through the trees. Walk along the water and catch the perfect golden hour, as the sun sets over the Gatineau Park hills across the river. Just watch out for the geese!
Whether you’re looking to capture the perfect photo or simply seeking a moment of quiet, these top spots to view the golden hour in Ottawa will offer an unforgettable experience. Got your own favourite spot? Share it below!
*Image Copyright Licence - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/