By: Serge Guenette
5 things to do with your special someone this Valentine’s Day
TAGS: VALENTINE’S DAY, SPECIAL, 5 THINGS TO DO
Valentine’s Day is almost here, which means it’s time to start thinking about what you and your special someone will do to treat yourselves on this love-filled day. Certainly, Ottawa has many delicious restaurants to enjoy, but if you’re looking for something extra, we have five unique outings that you can do with your date this Friday!
- Relax at the Nordik Spa-Nature: This is the perfect romantic getaway from the city, without having to drive too far. The Nordik Spa-Nature in Chelsea is offering various Valentine’s Day packages for the perfect wellness escape with your other half. Fromthe exterior baths to the saunas and the pools to the massages, unwind and enjoy the peaceful spa experience on Valentine’s Day.Get details on the packages offered.
- Skate through the forest: Near Lacs-des-Loups in Gatineau Park (less than an hour from downtown Ottawa)find a three-kilometre skate through the beautiful, snow-covered forest from 10a.m. to 4p.m. each day (depending on the weather). After your skate, warmup by the outdoor fireplace with a hot beverage and snack. This romantic skate is the perfect date to enjoy the serenity of the forest, get outdoors, be active, and spend time with your special someone. Not a skater? No problem, there are snow-shoeing trails and walking trails available, too!Find details here.
- Comedy show at Yuk Yuk’s: If you’re looking for something that will make you laugh your socks off and have fun with your date, Yuk Yuk’s Comedy Club is the place to be. This Valentine’s Day, stand-up comedian Scott Faulconbridge will light up the room with his quirky stories that will have you laughing from start to finish. Get your tickets here.
- Copper on Ice at the Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market: The luxury hotel Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market is offering Copper on Ice, a romantic rooftop lounge with lights, Canadian maple taffy and an ice bar overlooking the capital. This event is a part of Winterlude celebrations, but it’s also the perfect way to end your Valentine’s Day out with your special someone.
- Board Game Night at Level One Game Pub: If you’re looking for more of a relaxing evening this Valentine’s Day but still want to get out of the house, consider Level One Game Pub. Enjoy an evening of yummy snacks, refreshments, and games all evening long. There are 900+ board games and 1000+ video games to choose from to keep you entertained.