By: Serge Guenette
5 fun ways to celebrate Father’s Day
TAGS: 5 FUN WAYS TO CELEBRATE FATHER’S DAY
Father’s Day is coming soon — it’s on Sunday, June 16 this year. What better way to show Dad how much he means to you than by finding a fabulous way to spend time with him, doing something he loves?
Here are 5 fun ways to celebrate his special day with him:
- Go fishing: What says “a day with Dad” more than going fishing? Recognizing that, the province has set aside Father’s Day weekend as one of a few during the season where you can fish without a licence. Head to your favourite spot and spend some cherished time with Dad.
- Museum brunch: The popular Museum of Nature’s Father’s Day brunch is back. There are two seating times are available — but check to make sure they aren’t sold out — and you can explore the museum after you eat.
- Vintage cars: If Dad’s a car buff, check out the Vintage Car Show at the Billings Estate, where antique car owners are invited to show off their rides and share their stories.
- Heritage workshop: Treat Dad to a unique museum experience with a heritage-inspired workshop at the Cumberland Museum. Themes include woodworking, letterpress printing, gardening and acrylic painting. Bring the whole family to the museum and enjoy fun and games on the grounds while Dad learns the ins and outs of his new trade.
- Green thumbs: If Dad is more of a green thumb, explore Ottawa’s Garden Promenade as part of Ottawa Garden Days, which runs from June 15 to 23. Garden Promenade is a 15-kilometre route of gardens from Rideau Hall to the Experimental Farm gardens to Parliament Hill.
These are just 5 ideas. There are plenty of other things you can do, some of them free. The most important thing is to enjoy that time with Dad and put a pause on our busy lives. Happy Father’s Day!